From: Rob Rosenthal and Mike Whaley
Date: March 6, 2020
Subject: New guidance on travel and events due to global coronavirus emergency
To the campus community:
As we enter spring break, with the health and safety of our community in mind, the University is issuing guidelines on Wesleyan travel and events:
Travel (including Athletics over Spring Break):
- All travel plans should be carefully reconsidered given the evolving situation.
- Suspend Wesleyan travel abroad and to or through U.S. states that have declared emergencies related to COVID-19 (currently: California, Florida, and Washington).
- For personal travel, Wesleyan recommends the same limitations.
- Wesleyan faculty, students and staff who travel to or through an area designated as Level 3 by the CDC must self-quarantine for 14 days between returning to the U.S. and coming back to campus. All leaving Connecticut should register their travel and will be advised if self-quarantine if necessary.
- Wesleyan will cancel visits by guests from abroad and/or states that have declared emergencies related to COVID-19.
Guidelines on travel and events will be effective immediately and through at least Friday, April 10, pending ongoing review.
Requests for exceptions should be routed through supervisors/academic structure and through Student Affairs for students and external groups who have contracted for events in university spaces.
As a reminder, please consult Wesleyan’s new website for information about the coronavirus, an FAQ addressing common questions and concerns, and links to other resources.
We wish everybody a safe and relaxing spring break.
Interim Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
Vice President for Student Affairs