From: Rick Culliton
Date: January 19, 2022
To the Wesleyan community:
We want to thank you for attending our spring semester webinar last week. We know that the delay to the beginning of the semester has been challenging for some families, and we appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we strive to keep the Wesleyan community safe. We are taking a cautious approach now with the hope that it will allow for a full and rich semester of activity.
For those of you who were unable to attend the webinar, or who would like to review the information, please visit Keep Wes Safe webinars.
The University looks forward to welcoming students back to campus beginning January 27. Based on questions asked during the webinar, and to help you get ready for a safe return, we are sharing some important information.
- If you’ve tested positive over break and have not reported it to the university, please submit that result.
- Remember to test at home at least 48 hours (about 2 days) before arrival and submit negative results. A PCR test is preferable, but a rapid test is also sufficient.
- Please upload your booster and flu vaccine information to WesPortal by January 27 or you will not be able to register for classes.
- Students may return to campus between Thursday, January 27 and Saturday, January 29. If you have questions, please refer to Office of Residential Life.
- Classes on Thursday, January 27 and Friday, January 28 will be held virtually. During those two days, students can browse remotely. The Registrar’s Office can provide additional information.
- In-person classes will resume on Monday, January 31.
- If you have a conflict on the first few days of classes, please reach out to your professors, the Class Deans, or the Office of Academic Affairs for accommodation.
- We have added additional testing to the spring semester schedule to accommodate students returning to campus January 27-29. Testing will be available on Saturday, January 29 from noon to 7:30 p.m. Rapid antigen testing will also be available in Beckham Hall on Sunday, January 30 from 4 to 7:30 pm for late arrivals only who were unable to get tested prior to arrival to campus.
- Grab and go dining will be offered through February 7.
- Social events and large gatherings will be prohibited through February 7.
- We also strongly encourage students to avoid all unnecessary trips off campus and until further notice, students are not permitted to dine at off-campus bars or restaurants.
- Freeman Athletic Center and Olin Library will remain open.
For information about spring semester safety protocols including isolation practices, consult Keep Wes Safe.
We feel increasingly confident that our collective efforts to weather the Omicron surge will allow us to have a healthy and productive semester. Thank you for your shared commitment to the safety and well-being of everyone in the Wesleyan community.