From: Rick Culliton
Date: January 10, 2022
With the number of COVID-19 cases increasing on campus and throughout the state, as a precautionary measure, the Pandemic Planning Committee has decided to raise the current alert level to Yellow.
The positivity rate on campus is 5.5 percent, as of Friday, January 7.
Please note the following changes and reminders:
- Testing: As the semester begins all students will be tested upon arrival to campus and will be required to adhere to twice a week testing. Students who miss more than one test in a given week, OR three tests over the course of the semester, will be subject to suspension from the University. Students must fill out this Google Form to alert the University if they have an understandable reason for missing a test.
- Dining: Until February 7, campus dining will provide grab-and-go options only. See the Dining Website for more information.
- Social Gatherings: No student social events or parties will be permitted, until February 7. Academic-related and religious events will continue as scheduled, but we discourage food being served at these events so that masks are worn at all times.
- Travel: Students are asked to avoid all unnecessary travel into the community. Until further notice, students are not permitted to dine at off-campus restaurants and bars.
- Olin Library and Freeman Athletic Center remain open.
The University’s masking and booster requirements remain in place and continue to be the most effective way to combat the virus. Students, faculty, and staff are urged to wear a high-quality mask to help prevent spread of the virus. In addition, the city of Middletown has reinstated indoor mask mandates throughout the community.
If you test positive for COVID-19, please contact Davison Health Center for guidance on your COVID testing protocol and if you have not yet arrived on campus, please do not do so until you are cleared.
The Pandemic Planning Committee will continue to monitor the situation both on campus and in the surrounding region and provide regular updates.
We appreciate your care and attention in keeping our community safe.
Dean of StudentsChair, Pandemic Planning Committee