Date: December 17, 2020
From: Rick Culliton
Subject: Winter Break COVID Reminders
To the campus community,
As we approach the winter recess, I write with several important reminders:
For employees working on campus over the coming weeks:
- COVID testing in Beckham Hall will continue to operate on a reduced schedule for those staff whose work requires them to be on campus: Wednesdays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Due to the holidays, the weekly testing will shift to Tuesday, December 22 and Tuesday, December 29 from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., before returning to Wednesdays again on January 6, 2021. All students and employees working on campus should test once per week. Please remember to book your testing appointments online in advance in order to avoid unnecessary crowding in Beckham Hall. Only Wesleyan students, employees, and subcontractors may test on campus.
- As an important reminder for employees, if you are experiencing symptoms or believe you may have been exposed to COVID, please do not come to campus to be tested. Instead, contact your personal health care provider or get tested at a local drugstore or urgent care center.
- If you travel out of state over the break, please be mindful of the State of Connecticut’s Travel Advisory, which requires anyone entering Connecticut from an affected state to self-quarantine for 14 days OR to receive a negative COVID-19 test. (Proof of the test must be sent to DPH.COVID-Travel@ct.gov.) Please note that anyone testing for this purpose should not do so at Wesleyan’s testing site.
- Cabinet members will continue to work with their teams to determine positions that are needed on campus for student and faculty support and for other University needs. Staff who need to request consideration due to medical conditions, childcare, or other concerns should complete the Special Considerations form.
- It is critical that our campus community continues to adhere to the COVID safety guidelines—including the Code of Conduct for students and the Community Agreement for employees—at all times.
Thank you for your attention to these matters and for your continued cooperation with the University’s COVID safety guidelines. Together, we made it through a successful, if unusual, fall semester, and we are very much looking forward to reactivating campus again in the spring. In the meantime, the Pandemic Planning Committee continues to closely follow state and federal guidance regarding COVID, and will communicate with you as the situation evolves.
Wishing you all a safe, healthy, and joyful winter break.
Dean Rick Culliton
Dean of Students
Chair, Pandemic Planning Committee