While we watch the data on the Omicron variant with concern, thanks to our vaccination, booster and mask policies, we are well-poised to safely continue our in-person classes and co-curricular activities in the spring semester.
As a reminder, all students must have a COVID-19 booster and flu vaccine in order to register for classes. All faculty and staff must receive a booster within 30 days of CDC eligibility in order to be in compliance with the University booster policy. The vast majority of faculty, students and staff are currently eligible to receive their booster and must upload a copy of their updated vaccination card to WesPortal, reporting the date on which they received their booster shot, by Friday, January 14.
- All students will be expected to get a COVID test at home in the 72 hours prior to arriving at Wesleyan. Students testing positive should stay home and contact Davison Health Center for further guidance.
- Use the CT Testing Locator or the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services nationwide testing locator to find the nearest testing site in your hometown if you need assistance getting a test prior to January 17.
- All students should also test upon returning to campus. Testing for spring semester arrival will take place Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm, January 17-21. Students will test twice a week January 24 through February 11 and weekly beginning February 14.
- On January 24 the testing schedule will be reduced to Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Fridays from 9 am to 5 pm
- Faculty and staff have the option to test weekly beginning January 17.
Masks will continue to be required indoors on campus except in one’s own private residential bedroom or in one’s own private office. This includes in shared public spaces, such as classrooms/meeting rooms, the library, dining, residential common areas and some office configurations.
- Wesleyan requires all visitors to be fully vaccinated and boosted.
- All visitors will need to provide proof of having been fully vaccinated.
- The booster mandate for visitors is effective January 14.