From: Wesleyan Human Resources
Subject: COVID Testing Support — Help Needed
Date: July 28, 2020
As we prepare to roll out a robust schedule of on-campus testing for students, staff and faculty, we anticipate needing 20-25 full time staff to assist. Current thinking is that the testing will run for 15 weeks, training for test staff will occur the week of August 10th, testing for employees will begin on or around August 17th and August 24th for students. The daily schedule is likely to be:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Wednesday and Friday – 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Ideally, staff will be able to dedicate at least a full day shift several times a week to the test site in order to facilitate efficient testing processes and to ensure that we are meeting safety protocols to the fullest extent possible.
Administrative support for testing includes:
- checking-in faculty, staff, and students
- printing labels for collection tubes
- providing instructions on self-administration of the test swab
- packing collection tubes for shipment
- directing participant traffic flow
- monitoring supplies like hand sanitizer
- retrieving supplies from other areas of campus
- set up and break down of materials for early and late shifts
Work will be performed outdoors under a tent, socially distanced, behind plexiglass, with face coverings. Health Center staff will be present to assist with the testing, answer questions and address any specific needs for students and employees.